Friday, January 28, 2011

Back already!

I found out this interesting historical fact today and wanted to share it. On the 28 January 1958 the Lego company patented their design of Lego bricks, still compatible with bricks produced today (source http://www.historyorb.com/date/1958/january/28). Pretty cool huh?

So in honour of this anniversary it may be time to embrace or even find that stash you had as a kid and make something.
It could be something small

or big  File:Trafalgar legoland Copyright2003KTai.jpg

or amazingly creative



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
See more of Nathan Sawaya's work here.
 
And all this with these bricks

10 comments:

  1. Ah lego, so awesome. I have made some jewellery and cufflinks from my old lego blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's really awesome Katie- what a great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing! They are so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stuff, Alethea! Do you still have Lego at home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I do - haven't got it out for a while but will make something and post the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't is amazing?
    I stumbled across a 'Lego' book which was donated to the library..and was just in awe at the size and detail of some of the creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lego, simple things are still the best. My son once upon a time wanted to grow up to be a professional lego builder, how things change

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never had any Lego as a child so I feel really left out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat I love that your son wanted to be a professional lego builder - looking at the model Trafalgar Square I think it would be an awesome job.
    What's a wiki I realise not everyone had lego, so maybe this has inspired you to get some - its not just for kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister went to Legoland in the UK and said it was fantastic

    ReplyDelete